Contact your School of Dentistry HR partner with questions.
- Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) policies and forms
- Policy library can be used to search for policies related to leaves.
- Information on various types of leaves such as military, parental, or jury duty.
- AHC Faculty Presence on Campus Policy
- Vacation donation program (Civil Service and Labor Represented employees only)
- If you think you may need to take a leave of longer than three days, medical or personal, contact your HR partner.
Computer and email management - must be coordinated with HR partner and supervisor
- If the leave or absence is longer than 6 months, please submit the Request to Terminate Support Form to temporarily remove a machine from AHC-IS support.
- If you know you will be on a leave of absence, go to your Google Mail (be logged in) and in the settings/gear icon drop down select settings. Then scroll down to vacation responder and turn the vacation responder on with the correct dates and a message that you will be out of the office and refer them to another person and/or email or phone number. Do NOT disclose any medical information in this section.
When you return from leave
- Make arrangements for return from your leave by contacting your School of Dentistry HR partner. Your status will be updated in the payroll system.
- Review your W-4 for your withholdings and marital status and make updates as needed.
- To update your benefits, call 612-624-UOHR (612-624-8647) or 800-756-2363 to reach the Employee Benefits Service Center.
- Lactation Space/Nursing Moms: A new space was opened in November of 2016! Room 17-150 Moos Tower has four separated spaces for pumping, a sink and microwave for cleaning and sterilizing equipment and a refrigerator to store milk. This is a wonderful new space that is open to School of Dentistry employees and students as well as the entire University community and visitors. For information on the space or to obtain access please contact Kelly Campbell in the Human Resources office at email@example.com, 612-626-4171 or stop in at 15-116 Moos Tower. Additional University support and resources for nursing mothers
Lactation Space - 17-250 Moos / List of Lactation Spaces across the University