The Performance Appraisal Tool (PAT) is a secure on-line employee appraisal. PAT is designed to engage supervisors and staff in a meaningful two-way performance appraisal process.
This system is used year round for goal setting, goal meeting and updating and tracking of employee goals for the year. The system is available all year for those goals except during the annual review period. The annual review process is done from January through May for the previously worked year.
Annual appraisals are required under University policy. The PAT is approved for use with civil service, bargaining unit and P&A staff. Please check with your local HR representative or email email@example.com for questions about the process and access.
How do I access PAT?
For supervisors and adminstrative access to your supervisee's goal setting and annual review:
Supervisor Log into PAT with your x.500.
For employee goal setting and annual review access
Employee Log into PAT with your x.500
- The goal setting pages are online from about June/July until January each year.
- Once the goal setting and the annual review are available, you will receive an email from PAT prompting you to login and start the process.
- We encourage all employees to work on the goal setting process throughout the year and then the annual review is just a review of that year of goals.
How do I use PAT?
- Supervisor Review: 6 minute supervisor video that shows you how to complete a review for a supervisee
- Employee Review: 4 minute video that walks you through how to complete the ongoing review and the performance review